2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 3:28 AM by jmcleish

DE 7.1.3 client transfer between servers and self recovery data

jmcleish

I'm currently finally getting round to transferring some encrypted clients off my 4.6.9 ePO to 5.3.1.

One thing i have noticed is that when the user is manually individually assigned to a pc, it only appears to assign the user and transfer over their attributes (password). (According to the log)

Other group assigned users says that it transfers sso data and self -recovery data etc.

so i was wondering....:

1. What happens to self-recovery data?

I'm assuming it is transferred - doesn't say so in the MfeEpc log though it does say that for the other group assigned users. and nowhere later on after this does it say for either the GUID or UserID

Manually assigned user:  2017-06-09 13:46:11,135 INFO    EpoPlugin                            userHandler: requesting updates for user 357FF86ACEA0A94DB2B535BD45BAA574: user attributes

Group assigned user: 2017-06-09 13:46:11,135 INFO    EpoPlugin                            userHandler: requesting updates for user C276D5FC99FC8C49BDC077559E1A6B1F: token data, self recovery data, logon data, sso data, user attributes

and so if it is transferred, will it overwrite the self recovery data already on  my 5.3.1 server or does that depend on which is newest?

I have a few pool machines that are on different servers and have the same users as encrypted users on both.
      Was just wondering if self recovery data from 4.6.9 would overwrite sr data on 5.3.1 when its transferred or whether its date created dependent?

hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Jane