1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 3:29 PM by richjone

Computer won't update in ePO

OK, I have one computer in particular that is driving me nuts. For whatever reason it will not update its status in ePO, an agent wakeup call or even an agent push fail to it. agent push fails saying "Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If Windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network administrator. "

I've went in and deleted the agent ID and IP from the registry, even used the installer to force uninstall and reinstall the agent.

I can ping the computer by name from the ePO server and my workstation, did an nbtstat and it comes back with the right computer name only.

What else can I try other than throwing this computer out a window? :-)

Thanks in advance
        • 1. RE: Computer won't update in ePO
          tonyb99
          I often get this as our AD admin has the time sync feature set so if the system time is more than 30 minutes out the workstation cant authenticate with the AD domain fully.

If the shares are open on the pc what happens when you try to access \\%pcname% and \\%pcname%\c$
          • 2. doesn't work
            when i try to go to c$ it doesn't work, although I know the computer is on because I can ping and VNC to it. Do I need to just reload the computer or something?
            • 3. RE: doesn't work
              Is it conencted to domain or standalone? do you have c$ shared on workstation? How you are trying to connect c$
              Is it XP SP2? Try turn off firewall for ma moment - if this would help just create apropriate rule...
              • 4. RE: doesn't work
                Firewall isn't turned on, and i'm connecting to C$ just like I do to all my other machines.
                • 5. RE: doesn't work
                  just to ensure that admin shares are not turned off by security...
                  Did you try to install using "custom instalaltion package?"it requires access to console on box where you are going to install but woks in all "strange" cases.It does not resolve your problem but progress installation - depend what is your goal.
                  • 6. RE: doesn't work
                    I've reinstalled it on the computer locally by running the framepkg.exe i created out of ePO, still not reporting back to the server.
                    • 7. RE: doesn't work
                      what is in registry HKLM/software/Network Associates\agent
                      (might be wrong -->I'm currently OoO & OoMB :-[ but you are smart and should find it.
                      There is IP and port of Epo Server serever keys etc.
                      Just check what's there... If you would not able to find it I'll be wi:th my toys tomorrow 8 GMT.
                      EDIT:
                      HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent
                      appologise...
                      • 8. RE: doesn't work
                        everything's there except it hasn't regenerated the ID yet from the last time i deleted it.
                        • 9. RE: doesn't work
                          portping result from workstation to EPO server to particular port?
                          or Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\CmdAgent.exe /s would provide you with GUI - green or red wink
                          1 2 Previous Next