1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2008 1:23 PM by HenryC

SafeBoot Client Error 0xe0020021

HenryC
      Hi,
      Background/Settings... We have 2 servers in two different regions (they do not communicating with each other)... Both servers were upgrade from 513 to 515 at same time.

Problem:
      We are having trouble with scripting tool to one of the server (i.e. server B).null If I use empty or $<LOCAL>$ for setUser's machine attribute in the VB script and/or SbAdmCL tools, the client complains 0xe0020021 or "Access to driver not permitted". However, if I use the actual Machine name, scripting tool seems working fine.... This is kind of strange... technically, configuration-wise, everything are identical... This is happening to ALL the clients that using Server B.
      From the scripting tool manual, it indicated that an error "e" as problem on SafeBoot Disk... But if I move the same machine from region B to A, the problem is no longer existed.

To find a solution, I even try to re-install the SafeBoot on Server B (no upgrade, but only migration...) Still same problem...

any suggestion? thanks~
        • 1. RE: SafeBoot Client Error 0xe0020021
          HenryC
          ooh.... I solve this one myself...
          For some reason the SB Back utility starts to complain about bad license key... so the McAfee Tech Support suggest me to replace sfdbback.slc with my real key... After I done so... SB Backup utility, SbAdmCL and script engine are working perfectly...

It seems these 3 components are NOT reading license key from the same place as Management Console or SB Connector or SB Reporting Tool... etc

Also, for some reason, if you upgrade the Management Console, the sfdbback.slc might be over written by the new install... sometimes, not all the time... since one of our instant using the same procedure and without any problem.. but other instant had the problem... (might be my fat finger press something that I am not suppose to.... grin )