1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 6:14 AM by bostjanc

Virusscan 8.7 enterprise on-access scan enabling error

bostjanc
      Greetings!

I have problems with several new HP computers which had some preinstalled mcaffee program (I think it's some 30-day trial edition, I can remember which one, because I have choose not to install it when I logged on computer, soo it has unistalled it automatic).

In our company we use epolicy orchestrator for deploying mcaffee agents and virusscan software. The policy is also set that the on-access scan is enabled.

A strange thing that happens on this new computers is, that I can't enable on access scan. If I right click on Mcaffee tray icon and choose to enable, then in cca. 5-10 seconds Virusscan goes back being disabled. I have also done policy enforcement thru Mcaffee Agent, and then I did wake up againt thru the Epolicy Orchestrator 4.0 console, but the Virusscan On-Access is still disabled.

I have checked if there might be any services not being started and I saw that Mcaffee McShield isn't started in Adminstration tools/servers, soo I have manually tried to start the service, but I recieved this message:

The Mcaffe Mcshield service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Perfomance Logs and Alerts service.

Plz, help.
      With best regards