1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2009 8:31 AM by akl71

Installation Package for VSE 8.7P1 + Agent 4.0P2 (using Installation Designer)

Hi!

I'm trying to create an installation package of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7 Patch 1 with integrated Agent 4.0 Patch 2 including all settings for our ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0.0 - Server.

In Installation Designer 8.7 on the 'AutoUpdate Configuration' screen i'm using the setting labelled 'New Common Management Agent installation file' to integrate the FramePkg.exe created on the ePO-Server (path: Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409).

In the resulting destination folder the agent seems only renamed in FramePkg_UPD.exe.

Software installation (using SetupVSE.Exe) completed without errors, the Agent-Monitor shows agent-service running but having no Agent-ID - so no correct agent-server communication will occure!

Remarkably in the autoupdate.log you can see, the client uses the ePO-Server for all updates during installation...

Installation of FramePkg_UPD.exe by hand ended in correct agent-id and everything is fine but not when using the combined package!

What's my mistake?
      In this moment my only idea is the use of two installation packages for VSE and the Agent...

thanks for your time and help wink