1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 4:03 PM by Peacekeeper

there are black screen flashes across my computer

tamhoa123

Several times when I was online there are black screen flashes on my computer, can someone tell me what that mean?  Does it mean someone is spying on me or installing something on my computer?

• 1. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
          catdaddy

I am on McAfee LiveSafe myself and have not experienced such? Are you on Version/Build 16.0.154?

• 2. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
            tamhoa123

Hi Catdaddy,

I don't know if it is the flashing of a black screen caused by using Windows 10 or it is something someone trying to install some spyware on my computer because I went to Youtube, some posted the flashing issues of Window 10?

• 3. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
              catdaddy

Again could you please inform us of the Version/Build that you are on?

• 4. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                tamhoa123

I didn't know the version of the McAfee Lifesafe.  It is sold in Office Max.  Can you tell me how I can find a version of it?

• 5. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                  catdaddy

You should be able to 'Right Click' on the McAfee Icon in your Lower Task bar to open your Security Center.

Then click on Account/then about.Capture.PNG

• 6. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                    tamhoa123

It is version 15.4.00.

Besides, in McAfee home screen they showed 5 devices in which 2 were my Laptops which were subscribed to McAfee Life Safe while there were 3 others DESKTOPS which I did not owned were also subscribed to the same McAfee Life Safe software which I bought.  Also there was another DESKTOP which McAfee indentify it is on my Network but was not subscribed to McAfee Life Safe and McAfee Life Safe asked me if I want to subscribe (install) this fourth DESKTOP to McAfee Life Safe protection.  I chatted with McAfee Life Safe that I don't know how can 3 DESKTOPS can use use my McAfee subscription without my permission.  How can they do that?  How can they share my McAfee Life Safe without my knowledge.  Are there anyway to find out what these computers are? How to determine what these computers are?  Where are they located?  What are their IP address?  How can they escape the Firewall of McAfee Life Safe and steal my 25 characters of McAfee keys which I entered when I installed it on my two LAPTOPS.  I never owned these 4 DESKTOPS.  I did not buy DESKTOPS or own them for at least ten years.  I like LAPTOPS.  I suspect these computers are hackers' computers who intrude into my computers and see those installation key of McAfee when I installed it on my LAPTOPS.  Can someone show me how to stop those computers sharing my Internet because I have evident that some hackers may hack into my computer to change my Excel files.  Another thing need to tell here is that I just restore my Laptop to factory setting ON 6/44/17 and I pinned to task bar the Excel, the Word, the Power Point but the next day 6/5/17 the pinned Excel and pinned Power Point were gone from the Task Bar, only the Work was still pinned !  Who removed the other pinned Excel and Power Point?  Please give advice how to get out of these situation or give some advice on how to stop these illegal intruding to my computer or illegal sharing my McAfee subscription.  I think they remotely spy on my computer and are able to change things on my computers.  Thank you.

• 7. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                      catdaddy

I will ask a Resident Tier 2.5 Technician to add to the discussion.

Do you have a Service Request Number from your conversation/Session with Support?

selvan  Could you assist this customer please?

• 8. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                        Peacekeeper

In home network defense you can remove the PCs from the network map and clicking on it will show its Ip and mac address

• 9. Re: there are black screen flashes across my computer
                          tamhoa123

Yes, I had two Service Request on 6/6/17.  Here they are:

1) Service Request # 2255889454, created on 6/6/17 at 9: am.

2) Service Request # 2255901748, created on 6/6/17 at 10:24 am.

Please show me how to go to Home Network Defense.  Thank you.

1 2 Previous Next