3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 12:20 PM by Coby

Agent 4.0 push is failing

Hello all, need some assistance with epo deployment. We recently upgraded to patch 4 on epo 4.0. clients are running virus scan 8.5 and 8.7. when i try to push the agent, i get the following error:

Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

Any ideas what this could be?
      Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Agent 4.0 push is failing

Did you ever get a response on this item - I am having the same issue

Deployment was going fine - and then I started getting the error -

Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

No patches or hotfixes have been checked into repository and I have verified credentials

• 2. Re: Agent 4.0 push is failing
            Attila Polinger

Hi,

searching the internet revealed several hits, one of the is a MS support page. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167

This may or may not be the reason for your issue, but could be related to that. although it refers to Windows NT, the essence of the problem can be seen.

For example, I can imagine if you launched too many agent pushes, your server cannot handle more than X connections in parallel. Or the same is true with the remote end.

Attila

• 3. Re: Agent 4.0 push is failing

Hi ..thanks for responding ...I did find a McAfee KB referencing the same issue and solution.

I went into the Registry of the ePO server and the IRPStackSize was not there

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\parameters]
              So I created it and set a value of 15 - save and rebooted the server

Once back up I launched an Agent Deployment on 1 device and received the same error

I went back in to the Registry and changed the value to 30 and rebooted

Launched a deployment to 1 device and it completed and installed ePO 4

Tried to deploy to 5 devices and 1 worked and 4 failed with the same error

Advised McAfee and they are saving it is really a MS issue not a McAfee issue

I could try and increase the value - I believe 50 is the max

Just find it very odd that I was able to deploy the agent to several hundred devices with no issues

and then it starts to fail