3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 8:38 AM by Moe Hassan

ePO Snapshot causes DB to run out of space

wayneb

Hi All

Recently I've noticed that when the weekly snapshot takes place it seems to increase the DB size both epo & temp db, I'm not sure why ?

Any help greatly appreciated ?

• 1. Re: ePO Snapshot causes DB to run out of space
          ja2013

The epo server snapshot assembles needed folders from ePO server and inserts them into your epo db for potential use later on if needed. The downside is a larger db size and if your db should get corrupted you might not be able to do a recovery using this method. This should not be your primary plan A for DR.

If you have a plan A then you can consider supplementing your recovery with this as Plan B.

Check the SQL tools Exchange for a query to clean out your snapshot. Of course you could always add disk space for the snapshot.

• 2. Re: ePO Snapshot causes DB to run out of space
            wayneb

Thanks, We clone the server once a month for DR so we have that as our fall back, I've added space for now, but the DB's are now almost 30GB each (both temp & epo), that seems excessive to me

Thanks

• 3. Re: ePO Snapshot causes DB to run out of space
              Moe Hassan

wayneb, if you run out of disk space, extending space won't solve the problem. as a temporary remediation you can stop the 3 services on ePO, THEN restart MS SQL service on the sql server. that will clear up the tempdb size. Go back to ePO, login and disable the snapshot task temporarily. Make a full sql backup and store it somewhere.

this is not a permanent solution. you will probably need to contact McAfee support.