which Version of drive encryption are you using? How about the System Startup. Do you see the PreBoot authentication Login? Is Preboot active?
Which steps you have performed to create the recovery media?
a) DETech version - 7.1
b) Do you see the PreBoot authentication Login - No. I straight away get an error.
Error : 0xEE0D0001
Failed to read registry file
c) Preboot Active: Not sure what this means.
d) To create recovery media:
- I have one drive only (Disk 0). I used my disk Key Check value to generate XML file from McAfee ePO using the option Export recovery information based on Disk Keycheck.
- I found the KeyCheck value using DETech Disk Information menu.
- Generated XML file when used to authenticate via DETech throws BAD XML error.
Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks in advance.
A couple of specific questions for you.
1. Did you know, and was certain, of the name of the host?
2. Did you see the host name listed in ePO?
3. If the cannot see the host name in ePO, was that the reason for you asking about the disk keycheck?
4. Was the system deleted at any time?