2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 10:11 AM by jcl43

Error installing Epo Agent 4.0 on remote computers

Hi, i have a network with 1 ePo Server and about 100 workstations, ePo Server is with Windows 2003 SP1 and workstations are with Windows XP SP2, i have installed ePo server Version 4.0.
      Previously i have ePo 3.6.1 and worstations with agent 3.6.0.453
      Now i have upgraded to Epo 4.0 and i am distributing agent 4.0.0.1421
      The problem appears on some machines, when the user logon it apears a error message with the following text:

“La función que está intentando usar está en un recurso de red que no está disponible. Haga clic en Aceptar para volver a intentarlo, o elija una ruta alternativa para la carpeta que contiene el paquete de instalación `MFEagent.msi´ en la caja siguiente”

translated to english will be something like this:

"the function you are trying to use is on a network share unavailable. hit clic on Acept to to retry, or choos an alternative folder path for the install package `MFEagent.msi´ on the next box"
      (sorry my english is not very good)

The server with epo have the default operating system shares, ther is no share for ePo, i don´t know if ePo server needs a share resource to sucefully distribute agent and packages.

i have tried the folowing http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?p=545418

any ideas?

Thanks a LOT!

Aldo Lanfranconi.