2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2009 6:51 PM by Stooartbaby

Migration to SQL2005

Hi All,

We recently migrated from 2000 to SQL2005. Since then we have been getting the following errors when trying to view policies via the ePo console.:

"An Unexpected error occurred" and "Cannot resolve conflict between SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_C1_AS and Latin1_General_CP1_C1_AS" in the equal to operation

On querying the system tables of the database it was found that even though the database collation had been changed from Latin1_General_CI_AS to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, there are 385 columns within the database that have the collation (Latin1_General_CI_AS) set at a column level which would cause this conflict message.

We could create a script to alter the collation on these columns, but there are 83 columns where there is an index, primary, foreign or unique key that would need to be dropped and recreated after changing the collation.

Also in the OrionRegisteredServers table, a column URI has the pre-migration server name as a value....

My question is... why would this issue have occurred? the collation settings on both 2000 and 2005 servers were the same pre migration, is there some issue with 2005 which has brought this problem to the surface?? and why would the old server name still be referenced??? None of these issues have been highlighted in any KB articles that i can find...

I should mention that support has been contacted and have been provided with a copy of our DB.

Thanks,
      Stuart.