4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2017 2:06 PM by rohling

can ePO manage ENS 10.5.1 and VSE 8.8 together?

rohling

we are currently managing 300+ Clients with one ePO 5.3.2.

All Clients running VSE 8.8 and Agent 5.0.5.

I would like to test ENS on selected Clients.

when I use the ENS Migration assistant to generate ENS policies, are the existing VSE policies removed?

Do I have to Setup a second ePO to manage ENS Clients or can ENS and VSE Clients mixed together be managed by one single ePO?

Kind Regards,

Jens

• 1. Re: can ePO manage ENS 10.5.1 and VSE 8.8 together?
          ja2013

Hello Jens,

VirusScan 8.8 and ENS can co-exist with each other. The ENS Migration Assistant helps you to position your VSE policies into an ENS environment. You have two scenarios for the migration assistant, automatic or manual. If you choose automatic your VSE policies will automatically be converted and assigned to the same locations your VSE policies are assigned to. The choice for a manual migration means you will hand hold the procedure for the policy process. The official position is that a few hundred machines is what they want you to target for an automatic decision. The policies will either convert or not due to complexities. Complexities would mean syntax, duplicate entries etc.

I have migrated node counts in your range without issue. If the automatic runs successfully your in pretty good shape. If it fails you will have to clean up your policies anyways.

That help?

Jay

• 2. Re: can ePO manage ENS 10.5.1 and VSE 8.8 together?
            rohling

Hello Jay,

first sentence is most important for me :-)

Do you agree that I can run the Migration assistant, and afterwords

-> manage one single machine with ENS installed +

-> manage all other machines with VSE installed

... with the same ePO 5.3.2 Server?

Do you agree that my existing VSE policies will not be removed  when creating the new ENS policies with the Migration assistant?

sorry for rephrasing the same question again, but there is no public info on this Scenario - wherever Migration to ENS is discussed or explained, one cannot determine if the old VSE policies are still valid and in use.

Kind Regards,

Jens

• 3. Re: can ePO manage ENS 10.5.1 and VSE 8.8 together?
              Pmaquoi

No problem

i have currently 4200 VSE / HIPS / SAE computers man,aged by my main ePO and also 4800 ENS computer Inside it.

Really not a problem. You just need to find the best way to manage your environment. In my case, a single tag when assigned on a computer launch the ENS migration

Kind regards

Philippe

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: can ePO manage ENS 10.5.1 and VSE 8.8 together?
                rohling

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Jens