1 Reply Latest reply on May 7, 2009 5:33 AM by jmaxwell

EPO, McAfee agent 4.0 and EMC PowerPath

The problem i'm having is that our McAfee agent 4.0 can't connect to the EPO server to update, get policies etc. It's installed on a clusered SQL server connected to a SAN.

The reason why its not working is here
      https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60775

simply McAfee Agent 4.0 is not compatible with Powerpath, because they both use RSA libraries.

I can't uninstall powerpath, its required so provide failover in the SAN. and there is a risk of a virus if i remove the agent. there are reported cases of this causing the cluster to try and failover but it fails, which is bad and needs to be fixed.

*worth pointing our here i'm NOT an AV experct or EPO*

The knowledge base article suggests rolling back the agent to version 3.6, however as i understant it you can't have two agents on an EPO server (can someone confirm?) if this is not the case how would i go about setting up the second agent. can an EPO server not support different agents at the sametime?

can i manually configure the agent with the policies / updates i require until agent 4.5 is released. Don't like this option, but trying to come up with potential solutions.

hope you can help.

thanks