4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 3:10 AM by justlearning

Manage different Clients OS with different epo Agents

justlearning

Hey guys,

maybe this question is already answered somewhere else, then I was just not able to find it. Because of an unplanned Situation at work, I need to take care over our epo Server, so I'm still learning

Currently our System tree is separated in 3 different Groups - Workstation, Notebooks, Server. We have around 800 Clients, mostly Windows 7 but still some XP and starting with Windows 10. The agents are installed manually on Server or with third Party Software deployment on the "normal" Clients

Now the question is, how to upgrade the current epo Agent to 5.0.5 - I know the latest supported Version for XP is 5.0.3. For my understanding, when I create one Agent deployment Task for the new Agent, and assign it to the Workstation tree to run daily until all Clients are upgraded, all System will try to install the new Agent. But since XP isn't compatible with 5.0.5, it will fail the Installation.

So do I need to make on separate Group for Clients that do not Support the new Agent or what's the best solution for this Problem (maybe it is not a Problem at all)

best regards

Ric

(sorry for my bad english)