1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 1:30 PM by catdaddy

total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning

lnerenbu

I brought this up last month and, for a bit, there was a scheduled scan option - then only accessible in Navigation (as opposed to being able to get to it from the main menu screen).  The scheduled scan option is gone now and the last scan was 4/28 - over a week ago.  I did a full scan at that time.  What's going on?

• 1. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
          Peacekeeper

Yes it does in navigation look down the list. It is a scheduled quick scan but it is there . Was not in the version released for us to test but everyone wanted 1 there so it was put back just not in normal area.

Have you got the green or blue interface?

Blue

The Colour Of The User Interface Will Change To Blue Soon

Also asked before but no problem asking again

SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???

Green

• 2. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
            lnerenbu

Green is the color of the interface that I have and there is no scheduled scan option in navigation center nor does it appear on the main menu screen.

• 3. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
              catdaddy

I noticed in your lower bottom left, it still shows (2016) ? It should show (2017). If you have this Version/Build you will see it listed under Navigation. 15.1.r2 minimum.

• 4. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
                lnerenbu

I have 15.1 R0.  Shouldn't mcafee be updating my software automatically?  The odd thing is that I went through this, re scheduled scanning, last month and it was there.  They pointed out that it could be found in 'navigation' and it was.  Now it is gone?  That may be because I, to fix the trojan problem, installed a cloned HDD from Dec 2016.  It is possible that I reinstalled mcafee but my notes do not reflect that (I only re-installed on a W10 machine which I had uninstalled mcafee over a 'Client Analytics' problem that had the cpu up in the high 90s percent making it impossible to do anything)

• 5. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
                  catdaddy

The Client Analytics issue has long been resolved. I would try doing a complete Uninstall/Reinstall.

Then of course go to your Account to Download and Install the Software.

• 7. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
                    lnerenbu

I did a reinstall on a W10 machine and the client analytics problem wasn't seen again.  I had uninstalled it a couple of months ago (and ran with windows defender) because it hosed my PC - couldn't do anything with the CPU at 97%. 

The W10 PC does have that 'scheduled scan' in navigation center.  R15.1 R0 doesn't.  I hate to have to uninstall/reinstall.  While McAfee has made it less of a pain than years ago it still is not something I like doing.  Unfortunately, it seems that no scanning will be done unless I do this.  The last scan, a full scan I initiated manually, was done on 4/28 so it is 9 days and no scanning.  I typically ran scheduled scans twice a week.

• 8. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
                      Peacekeeper

That sounds as if you are running a beta mcafee version as thst was as faras I know the only 15.1.r0 even installed. Beta not being upgraded often. I have stepped back to a retail version as I need a current version to ssist here.

• 9. Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning
                        lnerenbu

I uninstalled and reinstalled mcafee and find that 14.0 R13 was installed!  I don't understand this.  I reinstalled this back in November (as mentioned in my discussion about scheduled scanning in March) and R15.0 R2 was installed as per my post.  Why was 14.0 installed.  I clicked the download button on the my subscriptions page and this file was downloaded:

Setup_serial_a4DGfyEZ8dk2Fa7BWfFmBg2_key.exe

On May 8 I had a problem downloading and mcafee chat helped me and downloaded this file:

McAfeeSetup-AutoLogin.exe

which I was not ready to run at that time.  I just executed it and see that it wants the serial number that the download page showed at that time.  I cancelled it because I just wanted to see what it would do.

When I downloaded yesterday I forgot where the tech put the McAfeeSetup-AutoLogin file (it was on my desktop and not the usual download location) so I downloaded the Setup_serial_a4DGfyEZ8dk2Fa7BWfFmBg2_key.exe file and installed that (after uninstalling and running MCPR).  That install never asked for the setup serial number - which looks like it is imbedded in the exe file name.

Do you know what the difference between both of these install files is?  Would both have installed the same 14.0 release?

More importantly, why was 14.0 installed?  I thought I was upgrading to 15 - Isn't that the current GA release?  I'd be fine with keeping 14.0 since it has sched scanning and custom scan but, if I don't allow McAfee to update, I don't think my virus definition file will be updated. I'm wondering if auto update will update me to 15.0 R2 or just 15.0.

1 2 Previous Next