2 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2017 2:53 AM by nt-alex

On-Access Scanner disabled after VSE 8.8 Patch 9

nt-alex

Hi,

I have the problem, that the On-Access Scanner is disabled after the installation of Patch 9 (OS Windows 7 x64 Professional).

I already found out from here that the cause of the problem can be found in the On-Access Scanner Properties under General Settings -> Tab General -> "Enable on-access scanning at system startup". It's enabled with Patch 8 an not enabled anymore after Patch 9 is installed. This change refers to the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration where the Value of the DWORD "bStartDisabled" changes from 0 to 1.

If I manually enable the On-Access Scanning at system startup in the VirusScan Console it is enabled as before and stays enabled after reboot (what doesn't work if I only enable the On-Access Scanner).

First Question: Why is this setting changed through Patch 9?

Second Question: Is there a possibility to change the setting back automatically e.g. through software depolyment? Only way that came to my mind would be an AutoIt Script that unlocks the user interface, changes the setting and locks the interface again. That's kind of inconvenient. Of course the registry key "bStartDisabled" is locked and can't be changed. Any Ideas?

Regards,

Alex