4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2017 4:06 PM by Peacekeeper

wifi attack.  wat te doen?.

petdren

nieuwe router geinstalleerd. wifi attack.  wat nu?  wifi verbreken. volgens mcafee mcafee van apparaat verwijderen en opnieuw installeren. iemand met andere oplossing? wat is de oorzaak van bericht in bijlage?

• 2. Re: wifi attack.  wat te doen?.
          Peacekeeper

OK I myself just got this on my mobile. (Samsung S7). The Mobile McAfee lead tech says it is caused by ARP spoofing or also know as Man in the Middle attack). Google it. I have no idea how this user got access to my network so will reask the lead tech. My went away after I changed the IP I have by resetting the modem, changing my modem name and password to long passwords and changed the admin password again to a hard 1.

What device was this on?. Sorry no dutch speakers here so have to use google . I will reask the Mobile person but weekend there now so might be a whilefor an answer.

OK, ik heb dit gewoon op mijn mobiel. (Samsung S7). De mobiele McAfee lead tech zegt dat het wordt veroorzaakt door ARP spoofing of ook bekend als Man in the Middle attack). Google het. Ik heb geen idee hoe deze gebruiker toegang heeft tot mijn netwerk, zodat de lead tech opnieuw zal worden hersteld. Ik ging weg nadat ik het IP heb veranderd door de modem te resetten, mijn modemnaam en wachtwoord te veranderen voor lange wachtwoorden en het beheerderswachtwoord opnieuw te veranderen naar een harde 1.

Welk apparaat was dit op ?. Sorry, geen nederlandse sprekers hier moeten google gebruiken. Ik zal de Mobiele persoon herhalen, maar het weekend is er nu een tijdje voor een antwoord.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 3. Re: wifi attack.  wat te doen?.
            petdren

modem connected to laptop pc and mobil phones. Also installed mcaffee on these.

phones gave the notice of hacking. laptop didn't give the warning.

As advised reinstalled the modem this morning  and changed the inlogcode. No problems yet.

i cannot explane why there was the wifi attack in the first place  and i thank Peacekeeper for explanation and good advise.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 4. Re: wifi attack.  wat te doen?.
              Peacekeeper

Nothing on mine as well I have asked how access was gained but so far only thought I got back was If I hear anything else will post back.

It might not be an attackh. It could be an application or device that is using an ARP broadcast. that could be triggering the warning.