Not knowing all the specifics; the following "Unable to find a valid repository" & " creposi Download is allowed from the McAfee repositories but error condition found. Error code:-2. Error message:" are mentioned here - had to do with web proxies:
I have not setup proxy server at all, and I am trying to update the dat file on ePO server itself.
1. Please verify the reachablity between epo server and client and also check necessary ports are opened.
2. Try adding the host entries of epo server on the client end.
Also below KB article may help you.
This is my new ePO setup. Initially I was getting this error when deploying VSE package, so uninstalled ePO completely and re-installed ePO with packages. Now the VSE package installation is successful but dat update ends up in error. I am deploying VSE, DAT on self (ePO server itself).
There is no Internet connection on this server, also proxy settings are not made.
Not clear on your requirement. Please help me in understanding your query.
1. Are you trying to check in the DAT files in master repository or the server tasks to update the DAT files is getting failed?
2. clients reporting to your epo console is not able to download the DAT files from epo server?
if your problem is first point, Please download the DAT files manually from McAfee site and check in the master repository or you could configure proxy server details in Server settings for epo to download the DAT files automatically.
If your problem is second one. Problem is on client which is reporting to your epo server. Try the below steps and confirm.
1. check the agent repository policy assigned to client and verify ePO server is selected. And set the proxy settings to no proxy.
2. Agent and ePO requires few ports that needed to communicate with each other. Please check the telnet status of the port and reachablity of epo server from client end.
3. ePO server might not have a AD entry hence client is not able to find the host. Please add the host entry in client machine with Epo server details and save it and try to update the DAT files.
Dat file is manually checked into the repository now trying to update the DAT file, which is failing.
Proxy and also repository list is also fine. Host entry too is made, firewall is disabled.
Hope communications ports are opened. Also try reinstalling agent on one machine and check the same.
With provided information i can see that McAfee agent is trying to connect to HTTP site rather than ePO. If the above solution doesn't work, you have reach McAfee support for solution.