4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2017 8:22 AM by tao

mcAfee products

marcosmw

is the mcafee ePO comes with protections?

i have 100 clients PC and need the ePO and the AV.

any enlightment please?

Thanks in advances

• 1. Re: mcAfee products
          catdaddy

You can contact Sales and Customer Service to learn more about the products. Contact Us | McAfee

• 2. Re: mcAfee products
            tao

McAfee ePO server is the central software repository for all McAfee product installations, updates, and other content. The modular design of ePolicy Orchestrator allows new products to be added as extensions. This includes new or updated versions of McAfee and McAfee-compatible solutions from the Security Innovation Alliance. Packages (VSE, ENS, CMA so on) are components that are checked in to the master repository, and then deployed to client systems. 

You do need a license key for ePO; your license key will only allow access / deployment of purchase products (VSE, ENS, CMA so on). So, ePO by itself doesn't provide any protection; rather, ePO is used to manage products that you have purchased via your license key.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: mcAfee products
              Dutchman39

Rather nice write up, Tao.

Hope you don't mind, but I think I'll 'borrow' your words for use in instructing my cow-orkers.

• 4. Re: mcAfee products
                tao

All good, if this has been helpful or answered mark it ... This will assist others when they search the forum.