7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2017 8:32 PM by catdaddy

SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???

Zeewatchful Eye

I happened to notice (not sure how long it has been like this) but SCHEDULED SCANS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FROM TOTAL PROTECTION.

Is this intentional?  If NOT intentional, when will scheduled scans return?

I happened to discover on both of my two Windows 7 computers that the option to schedule scans has completely disappeared.  The scheduling referenced in the Vulnerability
      Scanner is NOT applicable to scheduled scanning.  Simply, on neither of my Windows  computers do I have any option to set my default scan day and time.  The last scan was yesterday (Wednesday) which seems to now be the default, but I am not sure about the time.

My systems scanned soon after the computers were powered on for the day, which was an unusual time to power them on, so I won't confuse anyone with the time that both of them were started up for that day, but there IS NO SCANNING SCHEDULE OPTION in Total Protection, anywhere except in Vulnerability
      Scanner, and that one is NOT applicable.

Help, please!!!!!

Thank you all, as always.

• 1. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
          catdaddy

Could you please provide us your Version/Build? Also try opening your McAfee GUI/Navigation/Sroll down to *Scheduled Scan* expand and you can schedule a *Quick Scan*. And manually run a Full Scan.

• 2. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
            catdaddy

As you can see you are still capable of scheduling a scan.Capture.PNG

• 3. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
              sutieday

Hi Zeewatchful Eye, My McAfee just upgraded to version 15.1 R 2 and I also noticed that the location of Scheduled Scans had changed. However, it is not completely removed from the program. Please refer to the below screenshots.Screenshot.PNGScreenshot 2.PNG

• 4. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
                catdaddy

As I said , it is still available just in a different location. Thanks for the confirmation Also after opening 'Scheduled Scan' If he expands the button he will see my 'Screenshot' of setting the scan.  I might add that I am running 15.1r2 also. Eventually the New installer will provide the (Blue) GUI and replace the (Green) one for McAfee Total Protection as well.

• 5. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
                  Zeewatchful Eye

Total Protection is Version 15.1, Release name is 15.1 R2,  My screens are not as has been shown above.  There is no SCHEDULED SCAN, although there WAS (not so long ago).  I have also run MVT, and I am getting a notification that 7 files are missing, but the MVT is apparently not capable of repairing the problem(s).  Further info from my versions is listed:

McAfee Security Center

Version 15.4

Build: 15.4.4031

Affid:  0

Last Update: 4/21/2017

McAfee Virus Scan

Version 19.1

Build 19.1.2108

Last Update 4/21/2017

Engine Version 2957.0

Engine Creation Date: 4/22/2017

Here is a screenshot of my McAfee Total Protection inside of the Navigation Menu:

AND FROM INSIDE OF "SCAN YOUR PC" IS THE FOLLOWING SCREENSHOT:

I no longer have any ability to schedule scans.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

• 6. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
                    Zeewatchful Eye

OKAY, I FOUND IT -- THANKS SO MUCH!!!!1

ACTUALLY, it is located further down in the Navigation Center list of items, alphabetically, immediately beneith Home Network Defense. For those that might be looking for where it has been moved to, look at this list and also, look at the position of the scroll bar to get an idea of how far down it is:

AND JUST CLICK ON "SCHEDULED SCAN" FOR THAT FAMILIAR MENU THAT USED TO BE LOCATED AMONGST THE SCANNING OPTIONS.

Thank you very much!!!!  (Sorry for replying to my own post, but I thought it was the quickest way of answering this question, and since I am not the only one that asked about this, I am hopeful this reply will help others.

• 7. Re: SCHEDULED SCAN GONE???
                      catdaddy

Glad you finally figured it out After looking at your initial screenshots, I realized you had not 'Scrolled' down far enough.

Locking this as it has been answered.

All the best

CD