3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2009 6:25 AM by Johonn

Query for On Demand Scan task results

marios
      Hi,

Is it possible to create a query with ePO 4 in order to get On Demand schedule Task results instead of browsing for log file on C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\DesktopProtection of each server?

Thanks
        • 1. RE: Query for On Demand Scan task results
          you can also see the answer here .. http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=165788

Create a query...

1. Grouped Summary Table
          Groub By
          2. Event Generated Time (UTC)
          3. Analyzer Detection Method
          4. Event Description

There is where i have problems. You want to filter results to show you "(managed)..." or "(EPO)..." but it does not work but the report will still provide you with your information.

When the report runs and it takes some time for me and errors sometimes too but just try again it should run. You will want to look for the "Analyzer Detection Method" that is "(managed)......" or "(EPO)....". This will be all your managed tasked.

In the event reporting you will want most if not all.

Scan Found infected file, Unwanted program deleted, Infected file deleted...., but most important Scan completed. No Viruses found, and Scan was canceled
          Edit/Delete Message
          • 2. RE: Query for On Demand Scan task results
            marios

Thanks for your reply,
            I created a client task to perform a weekly full system scan for my servers.
            How can I get a report regarding my custom client task on which servers have finished scan, detections etc.

I tried your run query, but I cannot find my custom client task on the report.
            • 3. RE: Query for On Demand Scan task results
              Make sure in the in the event reporting you have the following seleceted....

Scan Found infected file, Unwanted program deleted, Infected file deleted...., but most important Scan completed. No Viruses found, and Scan was canceled

If you do not select them the agent will never report on your managed tasked. Once selected and creating the query i posted before you results will look like this....

The #'s are the # of Agents that reported

March 17, 2009 90
              OAS 86
              Scan Timed Out 84
              Access Protection rule violation detected and NOT blocked 2

(EPO) ePO_DAT_Spyware_Update 1
              The update was successful 1

Scan All Fixed Disks 1
              Unwanted program deleted. 1

(managed) Weekly_Virus_Scan 2
              Scan was cancelled. 1
              Scan completed. No viruses found. 1

Notice the (EPO).... and (managed)....

Note: This Query for me is broken down by day.