7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 8:23 AM by bostjanc

ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?

bostjanc
      Greetings!

In our company we have Epolicy orchestrator 4.0.0.
      -We have deployed Viruscan version 8.7
      - We have deployed Mcafee Agent 4.0.0.1345

When I look on the ePO: Compliance Summary dashboard I see 84 computers compliant and 17 non-compliant. From that 17 computers, there is also my machine, soo I'm trying to figure it out why the non-compliant status.

I also see, that in ePO: Compliance Summary my computer has only Product Version (agent) displayed as 4.0.0.1345 but at Engine version and Dat Version has an empty field.

If I check locally on my computer I see, that I'm up to date:
      Scan engine version: 5300.2777
      Dat Version: 5549.0000

If I check agent log, there are no words starting with error, I have already searched that.

plz, Help
        • 1. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
          tonyb99
          make sure you checked in the 8.7 extensions to the epo server and are you collecting data for system compliance using the compliance task?

automation
          server tasks
          generatate records for....
          • 2. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
            bostjanc
            Tony!

Thank you for the answer. Could you please tell me where can I get the latest version of the extension for viruscan 8.7. I looked in C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Extensions folder but i dont have 8700.zip there. I have downloaded only the multi langugage installation zip file VSE870LML.zip and checked-in the packade in epolicy.

I have also one more question. I'm searching for the latest patch for epolicy, but on this link: https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/DownloadSoftwareList.aspx I don't find any patches for epolicy 4.0 only a patch 4 which is for epolicy 3.6. Plz help

thank u
            • 3. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
              bostjanc
              Tony, I have found out where is able to download patch 4, and I'm already downloading it. But I still would have a question about, where I can download the latest extensions for Viruscan version 8.7

Thanks
              • 4. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
                twenden

Below are the instructions for installing the extensions for VSE 8.7i. It sounds like the extension is inside the VSE 8.7i zip file.

Step 2 - Check in the VSE 8.7i extension:

1. Download VSE 8.7i from McAfee download web site. To download Products, Patches, HotFixes, or documentation from the www.mcafee.com website using a valid grant number, see KB54808 .
                2. Unzip the file VSE870LML.zip in a temporary directory (Example: c:\VSE870LML)
                3. Log on to the ePO 4.0 console. To open up a remote console through Internet Explorer type one of the following URLs into the browser:
                https://<servername>:8443
                https://<ipaddress_of_server>:8443

4. Click Configuration, Extensions tabs.
                5. Click Install Extension.
                6. Click Browse and navigate to your temporary folder (our example is c:\VSE870LML).
                7. Select VIRUSCAN8700.zip and click Open.
                8. Click OK.
                9. At the end of the check in verify the following version is displayed: 8.7.0.141, then click OK.
                • 5. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
                  bostjanc
                  Hi folks!

Ok, I have done with the extension 8.7 installation and installed it sucessfully, but still I have 17 computers in our network non compliant.
                  Even if I force the installation of Mcaffe agent, they are still in the dashboard under no compliant.

I have checked agents log, but there are no errors inside.

Also it is strange, that some of them in dashboard don't have:
                  Engine Version shown of Viruscan Enterprise
                  • 6. RE: ePO: Compliance Summary - Why non-compliant?
                    I think that your agent has a problem that I know how to fix.

In a machine that has the problem do that procedure :

1. Go to Start => Run
                    2. Type "C:\Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe" /remove=agent
                    3. Click ok
                    4. After that type "C:\Program files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrmInst.exe" /install=agent
                    5. Click ok
                    6. Go to the console and run a wake up agent
                    7. wait 5 minutes and lokk at your console.

I think that it will solve your problem.

:)

Elival
                    • 7. Problem
                      bostjanc
                      Hi. I have done as you have told me;
                      reinstalled/installed manually the agent, wokeup agent but in the dashboard this agent is still displayed as non-compliant.

Can you please tell me where to search, why he isn't compliant because in the agent's log there is no useful data.