2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2009 2:59 AM by tonyb99

'Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting' - Invalid

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction on this one. I'm checking through our automated tasks and have noticed that the 'Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting' has a status of 'Invalid'. I've tried re-creating the task based on tonyb99's post at http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?p=551316 but when I set the actions I get the error:
      Task validation failure:

Validation error: Invalid input from the Run Query command. The query must be of both Managed Systems result type and Boolean pie chart type.

The 'ePO: Compliance History' query is currently private to Admin. The created and modified dates match so it's not been tinkered with since I set up EPO (a little over a month ago)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
        • 1. RE: 'Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting' - Invalid
          I have the same problems and the below default server tasks became invalid:
          - Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting
          - VSE: DAT Adoption Over the Last 24 Hours

The above query result type is Compliance History and chart type is Line Chart . After searching McAfee knowledge, I found that the resolved Issues from the Patch 2 release note.

Issue: When an incompatible query chart type or result type was used for the Generate Compliance Event task, an error message indicated that a query of chart type was needed. The correct required query type is a Boolean Pie Chart. (Reference:386081)

Resolution: When an incompatible query type is used for the Generate Compliance Event task, the following error message is now displayed: “Validation error: Invalid input from the Run Query command. The query must be of both Managed Systems result type and Boolean pie chart type.”

But I don't why the result type and chart type should be changed???
          • 2. RE: 'Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting' - Invalid
            tonyb99
            I would say you are basing the compliance automated task on the wrong query
            my task uses the epo compliance summary not epo compliance history query

Name: ePO: Compliance Summary Notes: Displays which managed systems in your environment are out of compliance by version of VirusScan Enterprise, McAfee Agent, and DAT files. Result type: Managed Systems Chart type: Boolean Pie Chart

Name: ePO: Compliance History Notes: Displays the percentage of systems (over time) in your environment which are non-compliant. Result type: Compliance History Chart type: Line Chart