1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 9:39 PM by galantico

    http repository issue

      Hi,

      Currently were using McAfee VSE 8.0i, Patch 16, Scan engine 5300.

      In our environment, we’ve a particular network that is isolated from the internet, and our main network.

      We would like to update those PCs running McAfee client in the isolated network.

      We had manually downloaded everything in ftpftp.nai.comcommonupdater and copied it to a HTTP server in the isolated network.

      We had installed McAfee client on those PCs and configured the Repository List to update via the IIS server using the HTTP repository.

      We noticed that the update was successful, but further check using the “About”, the Virus Def is still not updated.



      Below is the log file of one of our PC.


      #####################

      2272009 23733 PM TESTPC\admin Starting VirusScan task IDS_TASKNAME_AUTOUPDATE

      2272009 23734 PM TESTPC\admin Starting update session.

      2272009 23734 PM TESTPC\admin Checking update packages from repository CDSRV.

      2272009 23735 PM TESTPC\admin Initializing update.

      2272009 23735 PM TESTPC\admin Downloading catalog.z.

      2272009 23735 PM TESTPC\admin Verifying catalog.z.

      2272009 23735 PM TESTPC\admin Extracting catalog.z.

      2272009 23735 PM TESTPC\admin Loading update configuration from Catalog.xml

      2272009 23736 PM TESTPC\admin Update Finished

      2272009 23740 PM TESTPC\admin Closing the update session.

      #####################





      anyone can offer any help?

      Thanks!
        • 1. RE: http repository issue
          Hi,

          Perhaps the description of our problem weren’t clear to you but here's what happened :

          We have 2 repositories in our intranet environment; ePO Server & a separate HTTP repository (not a distributed repository by ePO). Our clients (VSE8.0i Patch 16) was able to update from both clients IF they had previously updated from ePO Server first before.

          This means to say if their FIRST update was from the HTTP Repo, the update would fail. However, if the FIRST update was from ePO and subsequent updates from HTTP Repo, the update would be successful.

          This occurrence is strange to us and it would be great if anyone can provide us with some help or advise.

          Thanks.