1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 7:56 AM by DanielS

manually install mca  4.0

Hello...I am trying to install mcafee agent 4.0 into a windows 2003 server but run into some issues, here is what I did:
      1) install VSE 8.5i manually into this server (not through EPO)
      2) run update throught Mcafee web site, everything is good.
      3) add this server into one of the EPO server managed Group.
      4) Manually install the agent by exporting the SiteList.xml file from the EPO server and copy to this server's c:\temp, run "FRMINST.exe /install=agent /siteinfo=c:\temp\sitelist.xml" command, I got the error message titled with "Mcafee Agent and Updater Setup" - Can't start service 'McafeeFramework', can't stop service 'McafeeFramework'.

My questions are:
      1) what version of Mcafee agent is installed when I first installing the VSE 8.5i in step 1 above?
      2) how can I install/configure this server's mcafee agent to be managed by EPO?

Thanks,
      fshguo.
        • 1. RE: manually install mca  4.0
          Hello fshguo,

open you ePo Console and push the agent to your new installed server. After this check after 5 minutes if the agent was contacting the ePo Server. If there is no change in the entry, check your lost & found folder.

If you could not manually install the sitelist, maybe you have set the option "prevent McAfee Services from shutdown".