2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2017 12:58 PM by mjesmer

M8000XC

danf65

Does anyone have M8000XC sensors?

Has anyone upgraded their M8000XC sensors to 8.3.3.27 and if so has there been any problems?

I've had 6 of these for 5 years and we have never had a stable MR upgrade,  alot of network outages, intermittent connectivity,  sibytes errors...

• 1. Re: M8000XC
          peter.mason

Hi Dan,

I haven't upgraded any M-Series to 8.3.3.27 yet, I moved to the 8.3.3.25 release when it came out, but it was retracted a couple of weeks later, so I'll wait until this one is out 4 - 6 weeks with out major issues before upgrading to .27.

There is an issue with upgrading from some previous versions to 8.3.3.27, review this before you upgrade.

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB88890

The 8.3.3.27 M-Series release notes state that they have fixed a few of the issues with sensors going to bad health, auto-recovering and rebooting, but the known issues list still has an issue that cause them to auto recover "In rare scenarios".

McAfee Corporate KB - Network Security Platform 8.3.x Known Issues KB86387

We have had to stop running some of our M-series sensors in in-line mode for the same reasons you list above, they kept causing network outages and making us very unpopular.

Peter

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: M8000XC
            mjesmer

I do not have M-8000XC in my environment, however, with any upgrade, it is best to test this in a non production environment as well as weigh the risks vs the rewards.

My recommendation, if you are worried about this having issues, wait a few weeks and let others test it for you. Then contact support and ask them if anyone has reported issues with 8.3.3.27.