2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 11:51 AM by SergeM

Configuring virus scan 8.7.0i from EPo

Hi guys

Be patient with me - newbie to EPo

I am trying to do something which I thought would be very simple - hopefully for you experts it will be

I have just installed EPo 4.00 on windows server 2003. I have successfully pushed down mcafee agent and enterprise virus scan 8.7.0i to a few test PCs - all good. I have configured the master repositry to pull down updates every evening.

All i want to do is to configure the clients to update from the repositry at a certain time and for the antivirus scan to run at a certain time

I have been through all the policies and client tasks on EPo but i still cant seem to configure it!

Can anyone explain or point me to a step by step guide?

Many thanks

Richard happy
        • 1. RE: Configuring virus scan 8.7.0i from EPo
          jmaxwell
          Are you saying that you can see where to configure it but it doesn't seem to work or that you can't see where to configure the components of the process ?

The Repository confiuration for the clinets group isconfigured via the ePO Agent "Configuration>Repositories" tab and the Deployment Task is configured via the "Deployment Task>Settings" tab.

I'm still using ePO 3.5/3.6 so I hope this actually means something to an ePO 4 user....:)

JIm
          • 2. RE: Configuring virus scan 8.7.0i from EPo
            SergeM

I believe you need to modify one and create one new client tasks.

• modify the "Deploy Agent" task (don't ask me why it's with the Agent tasks) so it also takes new DAT & so on
            • the other will be an "On Demand Scan (VSE...)" task

Serge