3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 1:52 PM by twenden

Check in package is not available in client task

Hello...I am new to EPO and trying to test deploy VSE 8.7i to a group of test servers, here is what I have done:
      1) create a test group, add the test server's IP here.
      2) checkin the package for VSE 8.7i
      3) create client task...my problem is right here, I don't see the vSE 8.7i is available over here, but only see the VSE 8.5i (original checkin package)

My questions are:
      1) how can I make a package to be available to client task after check in.
      2) if there are different versions for the same package, how EPO control which package deploys to which group of clients?

Thanks,
      fshguo.
        • 1. RE: Check in package is not available in client task
          twenden
          Did you follow the steps for adding VSE 8.7i to EPO 4.0. It sounds like you did not add the extensions.

Below is the info.

Environment
          McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0
          McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
          Microsoft Windows (all supported versions, see KB51109 )
          Summary
          In order to deploy and manage VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.7i via ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) 4.0, the following must be checked in:

VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i installation package (VSE870LML.zip)
          Extension (VIRUSCAN8700.zip)
          Reporting extension (VIRUSCANREPORTS.zip)

Although the downloaded VirusScan Enterprise package (VSE870LML.zip) contains the required extensions (listed above) for ePO 4.0, checking in the package (VSE870LML.zip) does not update the extension entries automatically. This requires a separate actions to be taken, which may be overlooked since the package contains these extensions.
          Solution
          Step 1 - Check the VSE 8.7i installation package into the Master Repository:

See KB51418 for information on checking in the VSE 8.7i installation package (VSE870LML.zip) into the Master Repository.

Step 2 - Check in the VSE 8.7i extension:

1. Download VSE 8.7i from McAfee download web site. To download Products, Patches, HotFixes, or documentation from the www.mcafee.com website using a valid grant number, see KB54808 .
          2. Unzip the file VSE870LML.zip in a temporary directory (Example: c:\VSE870LML)
          3. Log on to the ePO 4.0 console. To open up a remote console through Internet Explorer type one of the following URLs into the browser:
          https://<servername>:8443
          https://<ipaddress_of_server>:8443

4. Click Configuration, Extensions tabs.
          5. Click Install Extension.
          6. Click Browse and navigate to your temporary folder (our example is c:\VSE870LML).
          7. Select VIRUSCAN8700.zip and click Open.
          8. Click OK.
          9. At the end of the check in verify the following version is displayed: 8.7.0.141, then click OK.

Step 3 - Check in the VSE 8.7i reporting extension:

1. Download VSE 8.7i from McAfee download web site. To download Products, Patches, HotFixes, or documentation from the www.mcafee.com website using a valid grant number, see KB54808 .
          2. Unzip the file VSE870LML.zip in a temporary directory (Example: c:\VSE870LML)
          3. Log on to the ePO 4.0 console. To open up a remote console through Internet Explorer type one of the following URLs into the browser:
          https://<servername>:8443
          https://<ipaddress_of_server>:8443

4. Click Configuration, Extensions tabs.
          5. Click Install Extension.
          6. Click Browse and navigate to your temporary folder (our example is c:\VSE870LML).
          7. Select VIRUSCANREPORTS.zip and click Open.
          8. Click OK.
          9. At the end of the check in verify the following version is displayed: 1.1.0.124, then click OK.
          • 2. RE: Check in package is not available in client task
            I see, thanks Tweden.

Can I get further clarification? In what scenario, we need to check in the package only but while sometimes check in the extension is needed as well?

-fshguo.
            • 3. RE: Check in package is not available in client task
              twenden

Not too sure how to answer your question since I have yet to upgrade to ePO 4.0. All I can recommend is that you read the readme/doc files that come with each package. Also search the knowledgebase from McAfee as they usually tell you what to do.

Have a good day.