4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2017 12:10 PM by cor3nth

Permanently Remove DLP add-in for MS Outlook

cor3nth

Hello,

I've been unable to find any documentation on how to permanently remove the DLP add-in for MS Outlook (primarily 2010 x64). I use ePO 5.X to manage DLP v10.X in my environment.

In the past I've been able to prevent the a similar McAfee AV email scan plugin from installing using a command switch in ePO (client task) policy and would also like to know if that is available for the DLP add-in that was introduced when I upgraded DLP to v10.X

If I I try to manually remove the add-in using Outlook's safe mode with admin rights, the add-in just re-installs itself.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,Corey

• 1. Re: Permanently Remove DLP add-in for MS Outlook
          hhoang

If it is automatically re-enabling the plugin then it is still enabled in the DLP policy.  You can disable the plugin in your Windows client configuration policy in EPO:

Note:  Disabling the plugin will remove DLPe's ability to protect Outlook emails.  If you are not using any email protection rules then there should be no impact.

• 2. Re: Permanently Remove DLP add-in for MS Outlook
            cor3nth

Thank you for your response. I tried to find those settings in my DLP policy, but I see different options:

dlp.PNG

I looked elsewhere for what you have displayed in your post but was unable to find anything.

Corey

• 3. Re: Permanently Remove DLP add-in for MS Outlook
              hhoang

My policy has different options available since it is a full content protection license.  From your screenshot it looks like you currently have a device control only license applied.  Do you have the full content protection license available?  Applying the full license should give you access to the other options. 

If not, were you by chance using a full content protection evaluation license at some point prior when DLPe was deployed to this system?

• 4. Re: Permanently Remove DLP add-in for MS Outlook
                cor3nth

This is what is listed in the Master Repository. I don't believe it was an eval license but it doesn't appear to be licensed like some of the other modules. I will check with my organization to find out exactly what we have available. I'll update this thread as soon as I hear from back from my own folks.

dlp2.PNG

Thank you once again!

Corey