1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2017 10:17 AM by vanessav

upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9

vanessav

HI .. I have epo 5.3.2 on windows 2012 R2 with SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3), I want to upgrade to epo 5.9 but I can't because obtain the following message in product compatibility check:

These products are incompatible with this ePO version; they must be removed or upgraded before ePO setup can continue:

Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLPE) Management Extension 10.0.100.7 (UDLPSRVR2013) - requires Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLPE) Management Extension 10.0.200.12

Product Improvement Program 1.6.0.399 (TELEMTRY1000) - requires Product Improvement Program 2.1.0.431

User Directory 1.0.0.151 (userdirectory) - no known compatible version

I don't know where I can find the update to this product because DLP I have until 10 Patch1 (the last that I can see in the mcafee's site), the others I understand are part of epo installation.  I don't know where find Product Improvement Program or if I can delete User Directory extension.

Please your help.

Thanks and regards,

Vanessa

• 1. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
          secpro m

Product Improvement Program 1.6.0.399 - You can find at Extensions. You may remove the extension before upgrading to ePO 5.9 because it is not compatible.

Also 'user Directory' - which product needs this extension. please provide the screenshot from your extensions.

• 2. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
            vanessav

thanks for your answer, then I can delete product improvement program extension without problem?  Later during epo 5.9 installation this product is installed?.  (I can see this extension in epo)

about user directory I don't know what product uses this extension, but I can see it in the extension section in ePO 5.3.2 console.

• 3. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
              secpro m

After deployment of ePO 5.9 the PIP will be install 2.x. Refer products list of ePO 5.9 McAfee Corporate KB - ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9 supported products KB87142

current PIP extension- Yes you can delete it without issue.

I have upgraded ePO 5.3.2 to ePO 5.9, PIP has shown at the time of installation - it is referring from master repository. Deleted the package from M repo.

it has passed through installation. After installation at logon and bottom of credentials place, There is error message as PIP extension is not compatible.

You also try to remove from Master repository and try epo 5.9 update.

-'User Directory' is belongs to Drive Encryption -EEPC. Check the product have latest extension which supports ePO 5.9
              Supported EEPC is 7.2.1 and the extension build is 7.2 Patch 1

• 4. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                awbattelle

If I were you I would think twice about upgrading a production server to the bleeding edge. 5.3.2 is a sound platform and can run all the latest McAfee software. ENS etc. You might think about upgrading your SQL to 2012. Another strategy might be to build a brand new ePO server. That way you can test it. Then you can create a trust between it and your old ePO server and just have the systems transfer to the new one.

Anyway it's up to you.

Good luck!

• 5. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                  vanessav

what about Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLPE) Management Extension 10.0.100.7 (UDLPSRVR2013) - requires Data Loss Prevention Endpoint (DLPE) Management Extension 10.0.200.12??

For DLPE the last version is 10 Patch 1 (10.0.100.7).  I have verified in the mcafee's site.

Please your help

Thanks

Vanessa

• 6. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                    awbattelle

We are currently running McAfee DLP 10.0.100.7 extensions on our ePO 5.3.2 server with no issues.

• 7. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                      vanessav

Me too .. even  all products work good in epo 5.3.2,  but I want upgrade if it's possible!.

Regards,

Vanessa

• 8. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                        awbattelle

We always at least wait for the first incremental upgrade, so, we will probably upgrade when 5.9.1 comes out. But, it's folk like you who forge ahead fearlessly, that save the rest of us from harm

Good luck!

• 9. Re: upgrade from epo 5.3.2 to epo 5.9
                          secpro m

I recommend first to test the product before upgrading production epo because ePO 5.9 have many pre-requisites.

We have ePO server at each of these locations Test\UAT\QA\DR\DMZ\PROD. By the time our ePO-admin reached to deploy on PROD then he will be familiar to ***** which version is good to upgrade on PROD ePO.

Anyways ePO 5.3.2 EOL is July-2018 and we can plan the upgrade with no road blocks.

But the primary concern to upgrade ePO 5.9 as soon as possible because of SHA cert & SQL server 2012 EOL _July-2017. SQL server upgrade to 2016 we can extend but this SHA cert cannot because of more pressure from cybersecurity teams.

We too have dpendency with DXL, MSMS, Application control, DLP, VSEL - as checked with Platinum support DXL, MSMS & DLP is expected to release by end of april-2017//// MAC-App ctrl- & VSEL- not supported

I still suggest to test on Labs before consider to have this major upgrade on PROD.

1 2 Previous Next