Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

How does ePO MVISION reached out to agent in agent wake up call where the agent is behind firewall

I am curious, how does ePO cloud able to wake up agent where the agent is behind a firewall and using a private IP. In network communication, ePO is an external network and using public IP. In waking up and agent, ePO will be trying to reach the agent and tell them that they need to report back to ePO and grab whatever updated policy configured at the ePO, but the agent is inside the network where they are using a private IP.

But as i have tested, Im curious, how the ePO able to wake up an agent behind a firewall which separating the public and private network. I believe it has something to do with how dxl works.

Appreciate some highlight. This is very useful for my explanation to customer and management.

Thank you.

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community