Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Chrome is not opening and closing properly with DLP extension installed.

After upgraded from DLP 11.0. patches to 11.3 version we are unable to open and close the chrome browser casually. We are able to open the chrome first time after initial login to system and if we tried to close and re-open again it is not opening as before.

Validated task manager and found two of the chrome.exe processes left in without closing. Tried to enable the chrome setting "close the background process of chrome while closing chrome " even though issue not fixed. Uninstalled DLP completely from the system then chrome opened and closed without any issues. Tried disabling chrome dlp extension through DLP  client configuration, chrome opened and closed without any issues without DLP extension.

Support engineer suspect on Organisation chrome gpo. completely remove  gpo of chrome and tested still issue persist.

Please advice if someone came across and fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Chrome version 74 and above till 80

Thanks 

Regards,

Viji Karthik S

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community