Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Error: DB Server Key Check Failed

I recently upgraded EPO 5.9.1 to 5.10 and started getting the error in the attached screenshot below which is accompanied by the EPO server completely locking up.  A reboot is necessary to make it functional.  The problem has happened twice in the past week.  SQL and EPO are installed on the same server.

I see this error in the EpoApSvr.log on the EPO server many times when the error occurs: 

20191022123041 E #06036 EPODAL , msg=Unspecified error
20191022123041 E #06036 EPODAL ePOData_Connection.cpp(719): COM Error 0x80004005, source=Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0, desc=TCP Provider: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.

I have reviewed the conversation in this forum

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/ePO-Database-Connection-Issue-DB-Server-Key-Che...

I ran nmap to check the cipher suite on my EPO server and only see the keys shown below.

TLSv1.2:
| ciphers:
| TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 (rsa 2048) - A
| TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 (rsa 2048) - A
| TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (rsa 2048) - A
| TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA (rsa 2048) - A

There are no TLSv1.2 keys listed for "TLS_ECDHE"

Someone referenced KB91304 for more info on that, but I'm not able to locate that KB.  

EPO error.jpg

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community