Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Migration assistant not migrating user-defined (or any) Access Protection exclusions or inclusions

Hi support,

We have noticed an issue when manually migrating Access Protection settings.  From the Migration guide [1], page 77/78 (table E-1), it notes "Report, block, and user-defined included and excluded processes are migrated" on starred entries.  Although the report and block settings appear to migrate successfully, the user-defined inclusions and exclusions do not.  In fact, checking the Endpoint security settings afterwards shows no exclusions or inclusions at all.  I have not confirmed on all, but tested on the settings below.  I can confirm that the exclusions and inclusions do migrate for user-defined AP rules.  I can also verify that I have confirmed I am selecting the correct server/workstation setting during migration.

I have reviewed the migration assistant known issues article [2], but not found anything pertinent.

Settings tested:

- Executing scripts by Windows script host (CScript.exe or Wscript.exe) from common user folders*
- Installing new CLSIDs, APPIDs, and TYPELIBs*
- Running files from common user folders*

Could you advise?

Many thanks,

Darren

Environment details:

ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428)
Update Installed: Update 4 (2.0.0.454)
VirusScan extension: 8.8.0.716
ENS migration assistant: 10.6.1.1030
ENS platform extension: 10.6.1.1216
ENS Threat Prevention extension: 10.6.1.1234

[1] McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.0 - Migration Guide, https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD27567
Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community