Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

ENS July full installer prevents Adobe reader in Protected mode

The latest release of ENS 10.6.1 (July release) prevents Adobe reader from starting in Protected mode and also prevent Outlook from viewing pdf's in preview mode

A suggest workaround (from McAfee) was Disable Exploit Prevention, or set Adobe to not run in protected mode. Both of these workarounds are removing security.

A better way around is to Exclude **\AcroRd32.exe in the Application Protection Rules section of Exploit Prevention.

Is there going to be a hotfix for this? I have tested with the may update and this issue doesn't happen, so it's definitely being caused by the July update.

Fortunately, I haven't pushed the July version out to many machines, but the Win 10 1903 machines that didn't have McAfee (about 200 of them) are now getting a separate Exploit Prevention policy to allow pdf's to be read.

This appears to be a replica of the problem with VSE 8.7 from about 9 years ago!

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan-Enterprise-VSE/Adobe-Reader-X-Protected-Mode-Not-Compatibl...

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community