Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Windows 7 \Boot\BCD 0xc0000034 error

Since Friday a number of our Windows 7 users have reported in to say their computers are suddenly failing to boot with a \Boot\BCD 0xc0000034 error.

We can repair the issue with a Windows 7 CD and automatic repair, however the trouble is the majority of machines are encrypted with MDE (with autoboot enabled as they're PC rather than laptop) so cannot run this automatic repair until the drive is manually decryted using EETECH which takes a good 8-10 hours per machine!

Looking at a machine that was affected, it looks like Endpoint Security is listed under 'installed updates' for the 19/11/18 but I would assume this is just the standard definition updates etc. we have been rolling out 10.5.5 for a couple of months now.  This machine in particular started failing to boot 20/11/18 at 08:45 (or that is the time it last communicated with ePO until we got it back up and running anyway)

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?  It seems strange as so far only 25 of 4000 devices reported as not booting, but trying to work out the root cause before it potentially starts to hit more!

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community