Who Me Too'd this topic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

McAfee Installer hangs at 71% to 79% on Windows 10 Version 1803 KB4103721

1st issue. Began to experience problem with McAfee Total Protection after automatic installation of Windows Update KB4103721 Windows 10 Version 1803 April 30, 2018 for Windows 10 (Dell) PC. McAfee Total Protection Icon didn't load in Explorer Tray for 5 minutes after Windows started and clicking icon when it did finally load didn't open McAfee Total Protection menu.

I was advised to uninstall and clean install McAfee Total Protection after using McAfee Pre-Install Program and McAfee MPRK removal tool. I did both. Then restarted and downloaded new McAfee installation file from Optimum which provides the McAfee Total Protection software for its customers.

The Mc Afee Installer progressed until 71% of the new Total Protection installation. At that point it continues to show it is installing but does not proceed any further with the installation beyond the 71% shown. The running of the installation file cannot be stopped without restarting the PC; Windows Task Manager does not End Task.

Contacted Optimum McAfee Support & the technician duplicated the above problem with the McAfee Installer hanging at 71% before completion and could not resolve issue. Issue has been escalated to next higher step and am awaiting contact from McAfee.

Anyone else have the same problem and find a resolution to these issues?

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community