cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

what table dbo.EPOProductEventMT do ?

Dear McAfee Enthusiast,

Happy Monday to you All.

hey its me again. i create new question for specific subject.

a few weeks ago i tried to upgrade EPO 5.3.2 to 5.10 at my Client's Environtment. but failed. there is a error in pre-installation_auditor : table dbo.EPOProductEventMT is  too large. the row exceed 1 million data which trigger the error. 

i tried to purge through the build-in Server Task : Purge Client Event, Purge audit, purge rolled-up data. but failed at Purge Client Event. 

2020-02-11 09:55:09,576 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl - execution of task Purge Old Client Event failed
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: The server returned an unspecified error.
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1313)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:999)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:968)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:945)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:437)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:474)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invokeChain(Chain.java:383)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.chainable.Chain.invoke(Chain.java:64)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1274)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.runTask(ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.java:1577)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.runValidatedTaskInvocation(ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.java:1548)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.runValidatedTaskInvocation(ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.java:1502)
at com.mcafee.orion.scheduler.service.ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.execute(ScheduledTaskManagerImpl.java:1313)
at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.runTask(TaskQueueEngine.java:913)
at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.runTask(TaskQueueEngine.java:895)
at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine.access$1000(TaskQueueEngine.java:50)
at com.mcafee.orion.task.queue.TaskQueueEngine$3.run(TaskQueueEngine.java:864)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The server returned an unspecified error.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsDoneToken(TdsCore.java:3676)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2469)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(TdsCore.java:668)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processResults(JtdsStatement.java:614)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL(JtdsStatement.java:573)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:727)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor198.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.sqlserver.JtdsStatementRetryInvocationHandler.invoke(JtdsStatementRetryInvocationHandler.java:87)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy6.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:105)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.LogPurgeService.purgeByAge(LogPurgeService.java:296)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.audit.LogPurgeService.purgeByAge(LogPurgeService.java:372)
at com.mcafee.epo.commonevents.cmd.PurgeEventCommand.invoke(PurgeEventCommand.java:310)
at com.mcafee.epo.commonevents.cmd.PurgeProductEventsCommand.invoke(PurgeProductEventsCommand.java:17)
at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1274)
... 21 more

because the server task is error, i tried to delete directly from microsoft studio but its also failed. I also tried running a query with a smaller timestamp (within one day) and the same error occurred. i have tested the query in my Labs Environtment, and its works. but not working on my Client's Environtment

Error : Msg 8630, Level 16, State 1, Line 2. Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor encountered an unexpected error during execution.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-24 at 10.31.56.jpeg

is there any solution to fix this ?

before re-attempt another delete query at microsoft studio, My client want to know is it possible to view/query the data through build-in "Query and Report" at EPO server ?

Thank you very much

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: what table dbo.EPOProductEventMT do ?

Hello @govanda ,

This will help : https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/How-to-Purge-ePO-events-in-the-DB/td-p/492281

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: what table dbo.EPOProductEventMT do ?

Hello @govanda 

Thanks for your response.

I would like to request you to please execute the below query and see whether it is executing or not:

SET rowcount 10000

DELETE FROM EPOProductEventsMT

WHERE detectedutc < '2019-05-21'

WHILE @@rowcount > 0

BEGIN

DELETE FROM EPOProductEventsMT

WHERE detectedutc < '2019-05-21'

END

SET rowcount 0

GO

Also i am providing you the Database schema KB article to you which will speaks about the table and  uses.

If in case you are not able to open the KB article, Please login to your service portal account and then try to open the KB article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB91051&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false...

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community