cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virusscan 8.8 (epo 5.1.1) network (UNC) files stuck

hi,

When Right-click on EXE file in network folder (UNC path) the etwork share getting stuck and eventually you need to force-close the explorer.exe

this is very weird, no logs in EPO, nothing. We are in the middle of upgrade to from epo 4.6 to 5.1.1 with latest AV engine. I removed the latest AV and installed old one and it works fine.

anyone seen this kind of behavior ?

btw the same thing happened with SCCM DP/PXE because OS deployment also uses UNC paths (all exlcusions were in place and still stuck)

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: virusscan 8.8 (epo 5.1.1) network (UNC) files stuck

Moved to ePO for better support - Moderator

Not saying that this is the fix, but something to check. Do you have the scan files "On network drives" selected in your OAS policy?

Something to test if you do have it selected.

the "on network drives" is not selected and "opened for backup" is also not selected

pwolfe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

If I Remember correctly the "on network drives" does not ...well....work as expected. I still have to create manual exceptions for both the "Drive Mappings" and UNC Path. I do not do any network scanning from workstations.

Thus create an exception under the low risk / default / high or for the policy you are adjusting something like this:

F:\

H:\

F:\

L:\

\\192.168.1.1\*

\\192.168.1.2\*

ETc....

Hello,

The scanning network drives should not be used. Normally you should have an antivirus in each box and the local antivirus should scan the share folders.

Why do you need to scan those network drives?

Best regards,

Jose

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community