cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

upgrate EPO 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 fail

I am about upgrade EOP 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 and then 5.0 but failed in the first action.  

The install ran and icon EPO 5.3 appeared but it's roll back after that. The install not completed. I restarted server and did again but still fail like the first run.

I tried run EPIP but it's connot connect to SQL ( pic2)  but I test connnect successful in link : https://localhost:8443/core/config ( pic1).

Please help me..1.jpg2.jpg

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: upgrate EPO 5.1.1 to 5.3.3 fail

Hello,

Thanks for your post!.

Please try to do a test.udl and see whether the database connectivity is successful or not.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70929

Once that is successfully done,

1) Run ePIP

2)Follow KB71825

3) Follow KB66616

4)Follow KB87017 (You can use IIS Crypto Tool).

try with only itsupport user name.

Once all the above steps will get completed successfully, ePO should get upgraded successfully.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

May i know what is the EPIPA tool version are you using and EPO server OS version please. We have seen same instances on an older build of EPIPA tool version on windows server 2008 r2 servers where the EPIPA tool fails to connect database though there is no connectivity issue between ePO and database. But this has been fixed with latest version. 

Highlighted

I used EPIP 3.1.0.189.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

What is the OS version. Can you also share EPIPA.log. Please sanitize all sensitive information in the log and then share. The log file is generated in the ePIPA package location.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community