Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fshguo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

upgrade EPO agent from 3.6 to 4.0

Hello...I am new to EPO, and have a question:

How can I deploy the Mcafee Agent 4.0 to replace the 3.6?

Both 3.6 agent and 4.0 agent packages are checked in, how can I make 4.0 agent available in the Client Tasks?

thanks,
fsghuo.
Labels (1)
10 Replies

RE: upgrade EPO agent from 3.6 to 4.0

Don't you simply select "Install" for the MA 4.0 entry on the client deployment task and then set the scheduling options and then send wakeup call to clients or wait for them to talk back to the server ?

Jim
fshguo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 11

right, that is what I think, but what I created the Client Task, I don't see Agent 4.0 is available to pick. What can be done to make it available to select?

Do you have a replicated repository? If so, once you checked in your package into the master repository, did you replicate them onto the replicated repository?

That wouldn't affect visibility of the agent in the deployment task 🙂

...You need to make sure you import the Agent NAP file from the MA 4.0 PAckage unzip area (will actually look like 3.6 NAp probably) BEFORE importing the MA 4 package itself.

Jim

I've found the NAP file (cma360win.nap), but where do I import this file?
Highlighted

I got it. Still needed to go to Software and Check In Package.

When I go to "Check in package" I don't have the option to check in a .nap - can someone tell me how to check it in? My only options are for a zip, dat, or exe.

IIR, you dont actually extract the Zip you dl'ed. Just point to the zip and it will extract the nap for you.

The nap is a separate file not included in the zip.

I had to do this for AV 8.7i as well, I just can't remember where the nap check in was. I wasn't able to pull reports about it until I installed its nap file but it's been a while.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator