cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating ePO extensions before ePO upgrade from 5.3.2 to 5.10

We are in progress of upgrade ePO to version 5.10. 

Pre -install tool shows a lot of extensions from old version that needs to be updated to newest version.

Here are recommendations from ePIP :

Endpoint Encryption: Admin 7.2.1.24 (EEADMIN) – requires Endpoint Encryption : Admin 7.2.5.0

Endpoint Encryption : GO 7.2.1.24 (EEGO) –requires Endpoint Encryption : GO 7.2.5.0

Endpoint Encryption for : PC Software 7.2.1.24 (EEPC) – requires Endpoint Encryption for : PC Software 7.2.5.0

ePO-MVT 8.1.0.159 (SUPPMVT1000) – requires ePO-MVT 8.3.0.0

Management of Native Encryption 4.1.1.5(mne) - Management of Native Encryption 4.1.4.12

MNE Advanced Features 1.0.0.9 (mneadvancedfeatures) – requires MNE Advanced Features 1.0.0.11

Product Improvement Program 1.6.0.399 (TELEMETRY1000) – requires Product Improvement Program 2.1.0.431

Roque System Detection 4.7.2.130 (rsd) – requires  Roque System Detection 5.0.5.119

Solidcore 6.2.0.195 (Solidcore) – requires Solidcore 8.2.0.118

User Directory 2.0.0.23 (userdirectory) – requires User Directory 2.0.2.0

EPO mostly used for Drive Encryption and App Control products.

We still use older versions of repository like MNE for Bitlocker 4.1.1, McAfee Drive Encryption 7.1.3 or 7.2.1, Solidcore Client 6.2.0 (used because of XP machines)

Do we expirience any issue when updating extensions to newest versions ? Are new extensions backward compatible with such products ?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: updating ePO extensions before ePO upgrade from 5.3.2 to 5.10

Any time you install new extensions, make sure you have a full backup of the server and database.  Yes, the extensions are backward compatible and you do not have to update the client versions until you are ready to do so.

Once you update extensions and resolve any other issues found, back up the epo files per kb66616, run the snapshot recovery task and ensure it completes successfully.  Once that is complete, then back up the database before any upgrade attempt. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I have found KB88790 article about extensions update. According to that article some services needs to be stopped and orion logging enabled. Do you recommend to do such steps on production environment ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

You do not need to enable debug logging for Orion, but it doesn't hurt to stop apache (server service) on the epo server and agent handlers first.  The value of doing that is to reduce connections to the database during checkin and most importantly, if there are any issues with the checkin and it has to be removed (very rare, but it has happened), then clients won't get any unwanted policy changes.  Also ensure under server settings, policy and task retention, that is enabled to protect your policies.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Where I can find extension to below product ?

ePO-MVT 8.1.0.159 (SUPPMVT1000) – requires ePO-MVT 8.3.0.0

I have tried to find it in ePO Software Manager using its search but didn't show me any category  where it can be placed. Same results when using  McAfee download site and our grant numbers.

Is it possible that new version of products is under different name ?

Reliable Contributor Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hello Artur,

You can download the McAfee Virtual Technician extensions and package from the following link (requires login):  http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadepomvt.aspx

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community