cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

unable to deploy to Unmanaged system but able to its IP address

Jump to solution

We acquired a new company.  They haven't gone through the domain migration just yet.  We are deploying McAfee to their systems first.  

ePO 5.9

I created a System Tree Group and sync'd that group with their domain AD to pull the systems in.  I have a lot of unmanaged systems now, as expected.

During the deployment testing, I've been successfully deploying to IP addresses.

From the ePO server, I can ping the fully qualified name "computer.domain.com" from a command prompt.

From the ePO console, if I select the same machine and use the Actions > ...> Ping, the same machine is unreachable....ergo, I'm unable to deploy the agent.  

This has got to be easy...what am I missing? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: unable to deploy to Unmanaged system but able to its IP address

Jump to solution

Check the nic properties on the epo server.  Under dns settings, did you add append dns suffix info for the other domain and do you have that domain controller listed as an alternate dns server for resolution?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Check the nic properties on the epo server.  Under dns settings, did you add append dns suffix info for the other domain and do you have that domain controller listed as an alternate dns server for resolution?

Jump to solution
I knew that!!! Thank you! That was it. Added it and rebooted server and now I can ping the unmanaged system on the other domain.

Jump to solution
For clarification: All i did was add the other domain to the Append these DNS suffixes. I don't have any alternate dns servers.
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarification!  Glad it worked.