cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to deploy software to active agents

Im new to ePolicy. Im having an issue where the agent installs to workstations without an issue however it refuses to install anything else Endpoint security platform etc.  Im fully licensed for all these product but when i go to "Product Deployment" it just states faild and refuses to install.  I have disabled all firewalls to eliminate but nothing seems to work.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled agents and these all install ok and the machines appear in the system tree.  I dont have much knowledge on this product so any help would be great.

Thanks 

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: unable to deploy software to active agents

Hello,

These are common issues for deployment tasks. Usually it comes to compatibility of products, OS and another conflict product in place. First verify you use supported and compatible platform:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

Afterwards you can download and test a Standalone ENS installation - it will show you much more details about reason instead the need to dig the agent logs locally.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Hi,

Thanks for the link.  I have checked and the o/s is supported we are trying to install on both Windows 10 1809 and Server 2016.  Both the workstations and server are brand new as this is a completely new setup so previous software isn't an issue.  I have run the standalone version on a device and this installed without an issue it just won't deploy from ePolicy Orchestrator.

Thanks for you help.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Please open a ticket with McAfee so we can see why.  Depending on the version of the agent, you can try these things.

1. First thing to do is to disable peer to peer in the agent policy

2. Once that is done and agent has received the policy change, try the deployment again

3. If it still fails, upgrade to the latest agent.  There were scheduling issues in some versions of the agents that are fixed in later version.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community