cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change "Unmanaged" to managed

Jump to solution

Hello

I am running ePO 4.6.8 on a Windows 2003 Standard 64 bit server. I have a computer on the network, running Windows 7 64 bit. There are no firewalls between the two. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the VSE and McAfee Agent (4.8) on the Win 7 box, but no matter what, the status will not change from Unmanaged to Managed. I even when on the Win 7 box, connected to the 0409 folder on the ePO server and ran FramePkg. When I open the Tools tab in Viruscan Console, it shows the ePO server in the Edit AutoUpdate Repository List. In the McAfee Agent Monitor, there are no error messages. I have rebooted both the ePO server and the Win 7 box. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this work? I have 20 other workstations and servers on the ePO, but have never had this problem. I have googled the problem and checked all the things I have found there.

Stephen Keating

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: unable to change "Unmanaged" to managed

Jump to solution

Hi,

i would check in this way

1) check the server.log on EPO if there is any communication issu with the endpoint

2) check the "Sequence error" query if that client is listed.

3) Check the sitelist.xml file on the client if there is any issue.

4) Stop McAfee Agent, remove the agent GUID entry in the registry and start the agent again.

5) Try to uninstall the Agent with frminst.exe /forceuninstall. Reboot the system and install the agent again.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

i would check in this way

1) check the server.log on EPO if there is any communication issu with the endpoint

2) check the "Sequence error" query if that client is listed.

3) Check the sitelist.xml file on the client if there is any issue.

4) Stop McAfee Agent, remove the agent GUID entry in the registry and start the agent again.

5) Try to uninstall the Agent with frminst.exe /forceuninstall. Reboot the system and install the agent again.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. Two questions:

1. Where would I find the sitelist.xml file

2.Where in the registry would I find the McAfee Agent GUID.

Thanks again

Jump to solution

I just looked in the threat log on the ePO, and it shows the Win 7 box as in a Managed state 30 minutes ago, but if you go into the Systems Tree, its Unmanaged. what could cause this?

Jump to solution

I'm an idiot. I found the Win 7 box in the Lost and Found area or the Systems Tree. How it got there I have no idea. I had the same unit in two places.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

if there is no sorting criteria configured in the system tree the systems are sorted automatically into Lost&Found.

Under Lost&Found a group with the domain name of the endpoint is generated and the system is sorted into it.

You can do a sorting test with the client to check why the system is sorted in this way. Also check the sorting status if the system is not sorted automatically.

Cheers

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community