cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there is a problem on installing epo 4 patch7!!

hi all

i have a problem while installing epo 4 patch 7 .

i have checked CORE-PATCH.log and i see this error line:

BUILD FAILED

C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Installer\core\build.xml:485: java.io.IOException: Extention dir already exists:C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\help\1.5.3

is there any solution for this problem

thanks in advane

4 Replies

Re: there is a problem on installing epo 4 patch7!!

Take a look at https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB6871.  It looks to be the answer to your problem.

Highlighted

hi tdmomega

thanks for your answer but i think you mean KB68718 not KB6871

I have followed the steps in KB68718, but it was not usefull.

The problem persists.

Regards,

This one problem is masking another.

With ePO 4.0 the problem from KB68718 will return every time there is a rollback of the install.

What you need to do is fix per KB68718, rerun the install and grab the logs again. Hopefully this time you'll see something different wrong, which will be the root cause.

Then you need to fix the root cause, then follow KB68718 again (because the last rollback will have reintroduced that problem once more too).

Then you might be good to go.

Still, as mentioned the EOL date for EPO 4.0 is rapidly approaching. The best reason to be considering it now is as part of an upgrade path through to ePO 4.5 or 4.6

Rgds,

Rob.

Slyfin
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question but I wanted to bring your attention to the McAfee Support Lifecycle. ePO 4.0 goes EOS/EOL at the end of the month.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/support/support-eol-software-utilities.aspx

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community