cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

systems tree view ip dns values

Jump to solution

Hello

Sorry for my English. I am Spanish and I use google translator. I have a question for the community. I am an administrator of a large network of computers. About 200 computers. I have the product ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10. I have many devices that I have removed in the characteristics of the network card the value of the primary and secondary dns. So I leave them unable to surf the Internet. Sometimes I forget a team with the dns on and the user navigates without me knowing.

I want to use the information returned by ePolicy Orchestrator. In the System Tree view we can see a lot of information about the equipment such as os version, user name, ip, netmask. This information is very useful for auditing. I can't find how to see in the system tree the information of the ip primary and secondary dns network card.

Does anyone know if you can select these fields(the value of dns primary and dns secondary)?

Greetings

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: systems tree view ip dns values

Jump to solution

Understood.  The agent information that it returns on a system will not contain that information that you want.  You need to use System Information Reporter to gather that.  This is the user guide for it that you can review.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22755

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You can select the DNS column in System Tree from choose column.

The Agent will send the properties to the ePO based on the agent to server communication.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB53169

I would like to request you to please raise a Product Idea with the help of the below link:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas 

Product Idea  

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

517/5000
Sorry but I explained badly.

If I have a computer with the following information

ip address 10.11.1.3
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.11.1.1

primary dns 8.8.8.8
secondary dns 8.8.4.4

In the system tree I have the columns of

IP address and network mask.

But I don't know how I can get primary and secondary dns and that I get the data back 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

In choosing columns I only have "dns Name" this column does not return an ip returns the name of the computer in the network.

direccion ip.pngnombredns.png

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@cdinet  mentioned the you can open a Service Request to get the System information Reporter.

System information Reporter can give you that info.  You would need to open a ticket to get it.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Understood.  The agent information that it returns on a system will not contain that information that you want.  You need to use System Information Reporter to gather that.  This is the user guide for it that you can review.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD22755

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

System information reporter can give you that info.  You would need to open a ticket to get it.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community