cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syntax im EPO DB (EPO 4.5 Patch 3 & SQL 2005)?

Hi,

sometimes i need to delete many nodes from EPO DB (SQL 2005). Under older version EPO 3.6.1 wit SQL 2000 was synatax:

"update leafnode set type = '24' where nodename in (

)"

i try in  EPO 4.5 with SQL 2005  but nothing happened , the nodes are still in DB???

thanks,

Castrum!

7 Replies

Re: syntax im EPO DB (EPO 4.5 Patch 3 & SQL 2005)?

Deleting entries directly from the DB is not supported.

Have you tried creating a filter to apply to all those systems, so you can delete them through the console?

Hi,

thanks  jimcleish for your answer!

i did't try to set filter ,it is too difficulty, because we compared the data with another database.

Can I ask why you need to delete them- were the machine names imported into the tree in the first place?

Are they functioning clients?

How many do you need to delete?

Jane

yes the system are in EPO three.

after some time there are many systems out there ready to build, are no longer active.

and  this computer I have to delete from db , sometimes there are about 20  ~ 30 computers and so I wanted to delete all with one command

You could run the "managed inactive agents" query and delete them from there?

Or manually add in each one into an advanced filter on the system tree using the system name. I know its a bit laborious, but it is supported.

Do not delete enteries directly from the DB as it is not supported and may totally muck up your DB.

Jane

thanks Jane,

i know all this opportunities...

thanks anyway!

Castrum!

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 8

The machines which are marked as type=24 in the EPOLeafnode table are marked for uninstall and it was common practice to remove such entries from the table to get rid of machines that did not call back to ePO (possibly because they are no longer in the network) and were selected to be removed from the system tree with uninstall agent option selected .

Starting with ePO 4.5, this was changed - a separate tombstone table is maintained with just enough detail to instruct the agent to uninstall itself. This change was done because of reporting issues in moving from ePO 3.6 to 4.0 with having some clients marked as type=24. So the earlier approach to removing machines with type=24 no longer applies. Hope that answers...