cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some Vista machines not updating, ePO 3.5 end of life...

Hello, some Vista machines in one group are not updating DAT or Engine, so contacted McAfee tech support. I was then told that 3.5 reached the end of life and therefore they can not support us unless we upgrade to v3.6 or later.

These machines are in the same group but different geographical location, we have several repositories by subnet, fall back repository is HTTP. Users are set to use ping time to look for repository.
Any idea?

ePO version 3.5.0.723
CMA version 3.6.0.546
VSE8.5

Many thanks,

P.s. When I go onto My Products - Downloads on McAfee.com, ePO is not listed as available download. Since we now have licence for SMB are we not licenced for ePO anymore?
3 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: some Vista machines not updating, ePO 3.5 end of life...

can you post an agent log from a machine that wont update?

You are correct you wont have access to EPO Small business total protection uses the web based security centre (yuck).
Medium and upwards includes EPO but you might have to check on specific package.

Thanks Tony.

All 6 machines with problems are currently out and about!
Will post the log soon as become available.

McAfee customer support just confirmed we are not licensed for ePO.
Will stick to it for a while as we are moving to a new server in a month or two, then install PRP1.5 from scratch and start again.

It started working after upgrading CMA agent from 3.6.0.546 to 3.6.0.569 and checked in superDAT file.