Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

setup is unable to access UDP port 1434 ePo 5.0 upgrade error

Hi All,

I am having a strange issue in my virtual environment while upgrading to ePO5 5.0.

1.I ran product compatibility utility.

2.With same util;ity I created Migrate.zip file.

3.Removed previous version of ePo 4.6.6.(Because Migrate utility wont run if previous version is still on the syatem, So I removed with DB as well.

4.Again I ran Product compatibility tool and migrated migrated.zip file successfully.

5.I ran ePO 5.0 setup file and encountered this errorr.

Now I dont have any SQL installed where I could see browser service ot TCP\IP settings of SQL, Epo 5.0 is picking everything from previous migrated file and taking SQL port 1219 that I had on my previous version of ePO.

Now any one can help me how I will fix this port issue, while i dont have SQL installed and ePO 5.0 setup is taking all info from migratedfile.

error.jpg

7 Replies
twenden
Level 13
Message 2 of 8

Re: setup is unable to access UDP port 1434 ePo 5.0 upgrade error

Having the same issue as you are describing. The documentation for upgrading makes no mention about setting up the SQL Server Express before installing ePO 5.0. When I manually install SQL Express 2008 R2, then restored the database the error message about UDP port 1434 went away. It appears to me that the migrate.zip does not install/upgrade SQL. The setup is trying to access port 1434 which is not present or listening because SQL is not installed.  Luckily, I am doing this is a test environment as we won't go to the newer ePO until the first patch is released. After I got past the error message, then I get a message that "setup cannot connect to the epo server with the credentials you provided".

alexn
Level 14
Message 3 of 8

Some more findings about this migration and upgrade.

if you are upgrading on same machine and it is compatible (windows server 2008 or 2012 only 64 bit) then you do not need to run upgrate tool, simply run ePo 5.0 setup.

If I follow this statement then ePO 5.0 setuip comes with another window when "SQL DB is not compatible and at least you must have SQL 2008 SP1". setup does not upgrade DB itself. OK lets run SQL upgrade manaually>>>>>

When I run SQL 2008 S1 setup enclosed in ePO 5.0 Zip file , it never upgrade previous installed SQL 2005 instead it installd another SQL instance, Although at the end it shows you green check box that "upgrade to SQL 2008 S1 is successful.

So What Should I do???

My server is windows server 2008 r2 sp1.I dont find any way to upgrade DB to sql 2008 SP1.

So how to upgrade if I have ePO 4.6.6 to 5.0??? (SQL will not be upgraded by setup utility)

alexn
Level 14
Message 4 of 8

When I run SQL 2008 S1 setup enclosed in ePO 5.0 Zip file , it never upgrade previous installed SQL 2005 instead it installd another SQL instance, Although at the end it shows you green check box that "upgrade to SQL 2008 S1 is successful.

I found the solution for my above issue thanx.

First installing and restoring database worked for me. Why is it doing this?

mcafee error.jpg

Hi All,

Please help me regarding the screenshot, i already install sql service pack 1 and 2 but the error is almost the same.

Please HELP!

I already installed sql service pack 1 and 2 for SQL server 2008 but when i install ePO version 5.0, there is an error appear regarding the requirements. PLEASE HELP!!!

This usually happens when you upgrade the SQL engine but you didn't upgrade the ePO's instance.

I think you can check the instance's version with SQL management studio (or studio express), if so then you'll have tu run again the SP1 or the SP2 and selecting the instance you want to upgrade